What is SmartText searching?
EBSCOhost offers SmartText Searching – a natural language search strategy that allows you to enter as much text for their search as you want – a phrase, a sentence, paragraph, or even whole pages.
How SmartText Searching Works:
- SmartText Search takes the chunk of text entered into the search box and first runs it through a sophisticated summarizer, pulling out all the main words/phrases in the chunk of text.
- SmartText Search takes all of those main words/phrases and queries them against the database, getting back a sorted list of the words/phrase that are most relevant as compared to that database's content.
- Based on this result, a relevancy weight gets assigned to each word/phrase.
- A search string is then built OR'ing the terms and their weights together, and a search is conducted against the database.
- A relevant Result List is returned.
|Services:||EBSCOhost Research Interface|
Find tutorials, FAQs, help sheets, user guides, and more at http://support.ebsco.com.