What is SmartText searching?
EBSCOhost and EBSCO Discovery Service offer SmartText Searching, a natural language search strategy that allows you to enter as much text as you like for a search--a phrase, sentence, paragraph, or even whole pages.
How SmartText Searching Works:
- SmartText Search looks at the selection of text entered into the search box and first runs it through a sophisticated summarizer, identifying the main words/phrases in the text.
- SmartText Search uses those main words/phrases and queries them against the database, getting back a sorted list of the words/phrase that are most relevant as compared to that database's content.
- Based on this result, a relevance weight is assigned to each word/phrase.
- A search string is then built OR'ing the terms and their weights together, and a search is conducted against the database.
- A relevant Result List is returned.
|Services:||EBSCOhost Research Interface, EBSCO Discovery Service|
Find tutorials, FAQs, help sheets, user guides, and more at http://support.ebsco.com.