What is My EBSCOhost and how is it used?
My EBSCOhost is a personal folder in which you can save Result List items, persistent links to searches, saved searches, search alerts, journal alerts, web pages and your searching preferences.
Click on the Sign in to My EBSCOhost link to log in, create a new account, update your account, retrieve your password, or retrieve your user name and password. From the My Folder, or My Folder has items link, you can access your folder's contents.
- Result List Items - You can search a particular area of interest, save selected results using the folder function, then print, email, save, or add to a web page, any or all of the results in the folder. There are two ways to add results to your personal folder: click on the Add to folder link at the bottom of the result, or click on the Add (1-10) icon at the top of the Result List to add all results on a page. If you have custom folders created in your My EBSCOhost account, select the folder in which you would like the item saved.
- Persistent Links to Searches - You can add a persistent link to a search to your personal folder. The link to a search can be used in the same ways that a persistent link to an article can be used. You can email or save the persistent links to the articles.
- Saved Searches - You can save advanced searches and retrieve them, for later use. You can also print your Search History. (Searches performed on the Basic Search Screen are not saved to Search History.)
- Search Alerts - You can save advanced searches as alerts and have EBSCOhost email you with any new results. You can also retrieve those alerts to perform the search immediately, instead of waiting for the alert to run.
Note: An alert is set up for the last search performed on the Advanced Search Screen.
- Journal Alerts - You can set up an alert notification to be delivered to you via email, each time a new issue for a selected title is added to a specific database. This feature is available from the Publication Detail Screen for the selected title. EBSCOhost will automatically send an email with an updated list of article titles available for that specific journal, to those email recipients specified in the alert.
Note: Not all EBSCOhost databases support journal alerts. For a list of databases that support this feature, Click here.
- Web Pages/Page Composer - Page Composer allows you to create customized web pages that integrate searches and persistent links with EBSCOhost. Once you log in to My EBSCOhost, web pages can be saved and stored for future use.
- Charge Back - The charge back feature allows you to start a timer to track usage by client, conduct research, and obtain a report of the time spent on these tasks. Usage information can be printed and/or emailed.
- Preferences - When signed into your folder, you can save your searching preferences for later use. After signing in, click on the Preferences link below the Find field. Set your searching preferences and click OK.
|Services:||EBSCOhost Research Databases, EBSCOhost Canadian, EBSCOhost UK|